Using the Presentation Upload Tool
Click the icon below to access the presentation upload tool:
About the Presentation Upload Tool: UTMedFiles.ca
UTMed Files is a presentation upload program for lecturers who teach a videoconferernced class in the Medical Sciences Building or the Terrance Donnelly Health Sciences Centre.
In order for technicians to prepare for your lecture, presentations must be submitted five days in advance of the lecture. This file upload tool will help to facilitate this.
Use this tool to upload your:
- Presentation files such as Powerpoint and Keynote.
- zipped folders that include your Powerpoints and associated files.
- video files.
- audio files.
The maximum size for any one file to be uploaded is one gigabyte (GB). This should be large enough for your powerpoints and any associated media, but if your files are larger, please call 416-978-8504 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Once uploaded, your files will be:
- tested on the teaching station podium in the room that you will be teaching in to ensure that all elements are present and display and play properly.
- sent to the far site for back-up in case the videoconference fails and the presentation must be manually advanced there.
- saved as PDFs and put online for students.
Files accepted are:
- Powerpoint (.ppt, .pptx)
- Keynote (.key)
- text (.txt, .pdf, .doc, .docx))
- picture (.jpg, .gif)
- video (.mov, .avi, .wma, .wmv)
- compressed (.zip)
Note: If you have a presentation, such as a Powerpoint, from which you play videos or that contains linked images, these should all be sent together in a compressed (zipped) folder.
There are detailed instructions below if you're unfamiliar with zipping files
Using the File Upload Tool
To use the tool, do the following:
- Open the link: UTMedfiles.ca
- Enter the letters that appear on the coloured background into the textbox and click Enter.
Note that these are all letters, not numbers
- Enter the required information into the textboxes and dropdown list.
If your course is not listed, select Other from the dropdown course list
- Enter any special requests or comments relevant to your presentation.
- Click the Add a File to Upload button.
- In the box that opens, navigate to your presentation file and select it.
- Repeat step 5 to add another file to the Files to upload list.
- Click the Upload now button when you are finished choosing your files. Wait for your upload session confirmation before closing this window
Both you and technical/administrative staff will receive an email confirmation that your files were uploaded.
Compressing or Zipping a Folder
If you have several files to send for the same lecture, such as a powerpoint and some videos, these should all be sent together in a compressed (zipped) folder.
How to compress or zip a folder to upload:
- Make a new folder and name it: Yourname.
- If you have a presentation with linked videos or images, include all video and image files in the folder.
- On a PC: Right-click on the folder, point to: Send to, then select compressed (zipped) folder.
- On a Mac: Right-click on the folder and select Compress Foldername, or on the top menu point to File and select Compress Foldername.
- Use the Presentation Upload tool to send the compressed folder