Quick Hit: The 5 Top Things To Keep in Mind When Teaching in a Videoconference
If you only have time to read one short paragraph regarding interactivity between the sites before you teach, please read this:
- There are two classrooms connected, and students at both sites should be treated equally. Don't forget about the students that are not in the room with you.
- Watch for the blue Take Next button on the podium. If it lights up, press it to take a question. Students at both sites can ask questions this way.
- DO NOT allow students in the room with you to shout questions to you, and don't ask for answers this way. THEY MUST USE THE MICROPHONES.
- DO NOT walk away from the podium while you are speaking if you are not wearing the lapel microphone.
- Address the remote site directly during your lecture to let them know you are aware of them: "Hey MAM, do you have any questions?"