eToken, Browser, ShareFile, TCard, listserv FAQs
Q: How do I get an eToken for a new employee?
Go to http://dc.med.utoronto.ca/forms-and-templates and download the Etoken Request Form. Follow the instructions on the form to submit it.
Q: How do I set up a listserv?
Q: How do I clear my browser “cookies”?
Please note: instructions may be slightly different based on the version of your browser.
In Internet Explorer:
- Select Tools
- Select Internet Options
- Click Delete in Browsing history
- Make sure Cookies and website data is selected
- Click Delete
- Select Tools
- Select Options
- Select Privacy
- Click Show Cookies
- Click Remove All Cookies
- Click the Chrome menu
- Select Settings
- Click Show advanced settings…. link
- In Privacy click Content settings
- In Cookies click All cookies and site data….
- Click Remove all
Q: I am unable to open folders in ShareFile on my desktop
You may need to uninstall and reinstall the tool.
- Completely end the sync engine process by following these steps:
- Right click on the task bar at the bottom of your screen and choose 'Start Task Manager'
- Under the 'Processes' tab find 'Syncengine.exe*32', highlight and choose 'End Process'
- Delete the Configuration file:
- Press the Windows key and 'R' simultaneously on your keyboard
- Enter '%appdata%' and press enter
- Navigate to ShareFile\SyncEngine\sfconfig and delete this file
- Once this is completed, uninstall and reinstall ShareFile.
Q: How do I terminate my account in ShareFile?
It’s pretty simple:
- Take a local backup of all your data from your ShareFile account.
- Send the request to the Discovery Commons service desk to terminate your account
- Your account will be disabled for one month, and then will be deleted