How to Upload Your Presentation
Before you upload, please ensure your presentation follows the the following naming convention in order that we can correctly match it to your Zoom session.
If you do not include the course and time of your lecture in the name of the PowerPoint, we may not be able to associate it with your lecture time.
Course Code_YYYY-MM-DD-24HrTime_Name of presentation_Your last name_Part X (if there is more than one part of a presentation with the same name)
MED100_2020-08-28-1330_Anatomy of the Thorax_Wiley_Part 2
Uploading Your Presentation
- To upload your presentations and any associated files, click here.
The Sharefile upload page will open in a new browser tab.
- Enter your name and email address (populating the company field is not necessary), and click Continue.
- Click Browse files to navigate to your files and select them for upload, or drag them to the area indicated.
Use this link to upload your:
- Presentation files such as Powerpoint and Keynote.
- zipped folders that include your Powerpoints and associated files.
- video files.
- audio files.
The maximum size for any one file to be uploaded is one gigabyte (GB). This should be large enough for your powerpoints and any associated media, but if your files are larger, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Once uploaded, your files will be:
- sent to the technician monitoring the session for back-up in case your sharing fails
- saved as PDFs and put online for students.
Files accepted are:
- Powerpoint (.ppt, .pptx)
- Keynote (.key)
- text (.txt, .pdf, .doc, .docx))
- picture (.jpg, .gif, .png)
- video (.mov, .avi, .wma, .wmv)
- audio (.wav, ,mp4, m4A,)
- compressed (.zip)
Note: If you have a presentation, such as a Powerpoint, from which you play videos or that contains linked images, these should all be sent together in a compressed (zipped) folder.
Compressing or Zipping a Folder
If you have several files to send for the same lecture, such as a powerpoint and some videos, these should all be sent together in a compressed (zipped) folder.
How to compress or zip a folder to upload:
- Make a new folder and name it: Yourname.
- If you have a presentation with linked videos or images, include all video and image files in the folder.
- On a PC: Right-click on the folder, point to: Send to, then select compressed (zipped) folder.
- On a Mac: Right-click on the folder and select Compress Foldername, or on the top menu point to File and select Compress Foldername.
- Use the Presentation Upload tool to send the compressed folder